Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The forest within you - Prayer


Sometimes when I feel like life is closing in on me...

I remember the very first time I went hiking. After only few steps into the forest I was caught up by a still silence. This still and awesome silence spoke to me so loudly that even today I can hear its voice in my heart. I looked around and saw the light coming through the tall redwood trees...some birds singing, squirrels running around, green everywhere, but more beautiful than that was the feeling of being totally loved and observed by a powerful GOD. I knew He was there. I felt His embrace. I know GOD is everywhere. I know He promised never leave us nor forsake us and this truth became to me very real that day.

So everyday and whenever I feel discouraged, struggling with circumstances, or I simply want to scape in my mind to a peaceful place, I look for that beautiful forest within me, where I can be me and be alone with GOD. Do you have a forest within you too?


*Helpful hints for prayer: Bow down on your knees if you're able to, and open your heart to GOD. Praise HIM for Who He is and all the blessings that HE bestows daily upon you. Pour out to HIM all your cares and troubles; consult with Him, share your life with HIM. Then thank HIM with all your heart for everything. May you listen and obey HIS voice. "Pray without ceasing..." may you be filled constantly with HIS SPIRIT and become all HE created you to be and fulfill the mission that only you can do in this world for HIS glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment